Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Promptly at 5:58AM this morning I woke up.  It was rough, but mainly because I knew it meant I had to say a 'see you later' to Katherine.  I never say goodbyes, because that's a scary thought and frankly I'd rather not think about that.  Today she left, and it was not easy.  She's headed home for a week, spending time with her family before she gets on deck and is off to the Caribbean for a whopping 6 months.  I keep thinking about how happy I should be, but the selfish me seems to be win that war and wants her to stay here.  But thinking about how 95% of the time I make her laugh she can't stop until she cries assures me that come October we'll have a reunion of great proportions. 

Around 8:35 I woke up to prepare for my not so exciting day.  By 9AM I sent the "okay, jokes over. you can come back now" text.  Probably not the best idea, because reality was finally sinking in and recieving the reply of "can i please? can't stop crying" didn't make it any easier.  Funny how after 3 hours we miss each others' presence.  7 months is a long time, like a REALLY long time.  But right now I can't think about that, just one day at a time.  And tomorrow we skype!  

No comments:

Post a Comment