Monday, February 6, 2012

g-men

Last night I had my first experience of the nyc super bowl mayhem. The beginning of my day started with me waking up an hour late, but determined to go to church I hopped out of bed, put on jeans and hailed a cab. That's right, arriving to church in style (yellow city taxi that is). After a crazy week, I really look forward to dedicating 2 hours for myself (meaning no dancing, just church). After grabbing a coffee and reflecting on my whirlwind of a week I decided it was time to bust out some homework. Promptly at 6pm I said goodbye to humanities in search for some ball park franks. We were having some friends over to watch the game, and I volunteered to supply the hot dogs. Well let's just say 6 super markets later I found some. Who was aware nyc had a severe lack of normal hot dogs.. not this girl. But to tell you the truth, there was no need for hot dogs because the amount of left over food is unbearable. I personally only paid attention to Madonna and the last 10 minutes of the game, but it doesn't mean I wasn't a happy camper. Not sure why, but I had a bit of pride for the blue g-men. And oh you wouldn't believe the city. We opened our windows to let in the screams and cheers of ALL new yorkers who could not help but rejoice in the victory. Sirens, screams, and everything in between. It was unbelievable, definitely something I won't forget.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment